You might be a fiefighter if:
- You can tell what type of fire it is by the smell of smoke 10 miles away.
- You lay out your clothes from that day so if there is a call at night you can find them quickly.
- You have ever been airborne without an aircraft and water was your thrust.
- You carry a ton of specially modified tools in your pocket that would rival a Swiss army set.
- You've ever clung to the air horn chord for dear life because the driver is insane.
- You have ever played jingle bells at Xmas time on the air horns to clear traffic.
- You have ever called a person found after a fire a "crispy critter".
- You have ever stomped out a fire with your boots because you couldn't wait for water.
- You have ever walked 3 miles into the woods in 100 degree heat in full turnout gear and a 5 gallon or more water can strapped on your back just to put out a fire.
- Your kids are afraid to get into water fights with you.
- Your work gear makes you sound like Darth Vader.
- You roll around in anything that just burned to make your new gear look old.
- You carry enough in your car to extinguish a minor blaze.
- Your own vehicle has more lights than a Christmas tree.
- All the shirts you own say you are a firefighter.
- If you have more pagers than money in your wallet.
- If assembling a mile and a half of hose running up a hill to catch a fire is a good day.
- The microwave goes off and you run out of the house thinking it was your pager.
- If you have ever woken up thinking your pager went off and as you look at it, it does.
- When you really think that rusty old hydrant will look good in the garden.
- If you had to extricate someone by cutting the car doors off on one side and realized there was nothing wrong with the doors on the other side.
- If you have more toy fire trucks than your kids do.
- If you have played pacman on the siren with the yelp and the PA mic.